Weight Training can:
- Increase lean body mass, which raises your metabolism (lean mass burns 35 – 50 calories per pound.
- Decrease body fat (body fat burns only 2 – 6 calories per pound)
- Help raise "good" HDL cholesterol
- Help decrease blood pressure
- Increase energy levels
- Increase flexibility (if performed through a full range of motion)
- Improve sleep
- Improve balance
- Help you become your "physical best"
- Improve body image
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem
Weight Training won't:
- Cause a person to become "muscle-bound"
- Decrease flexibility
- Bulk you up
- Injure joints (when performed properly)
Metamor-fitness Home Page